Come help us inaugurate the American Institute of Bisexuality's Bi Loft as a place of learning! So invite your friends or come solo - join us for an enlightening Saturday afternoon of fun, great people and solid sex education.
The Real Sex Ed is an information-packed, entertaining class that helps people navigate sexual choices with topics including safer sex, consent, decisions about drugs and alcohol, communication skills and sexual diversity. It’s the basics that so many of us didn’t get in school. More than half of the states in the U.S. don’t require public schools to teach sex education. Yet studies reveal that comprehensive sex ed helps people adopt healthy sexual behaviors. Participants will: • Develop safer sex communication skills • Detail the meaning and power of consent • Learn to overcome the need for alcohol as a sexual “permission giver” • Discover sex-positive attitudes about their sexuality and others’
What do bring:
• $5 cash for entry
• A snack or (non-alcoholic) drink to share
• Paper and pen if you like to take notes
2:00-2:45 Register, hang out, snack, meet cool people
2:45-4:15 The Real Sex Ed Class
4:15-4:45 More socializing, snacking and enjoying each other
4:45-5:00 clean up
We'll be recording video: FYI, we'll be recording video of the presentation. If you don't want to be on video, we'll provide you seating to make sure your anonymity is respected.
About your presenter: Jean Franzblau helps people initiate the (at times) awkward conversations necessary to make informed sexual decisions. With her background as a writer and performing artist, Franzblau created the solo show “Coming Out Kinky – A Grown Up Comedy” which she performs in cities across the country. Jean has presented at the sexuality conference Catalyst Con and has been the guest on numerous sex educational radio shows. She provides workshops and coaching on sexual esteem and women’s empowerment and has delivered presentations in eight countries for groups of up to three hundred people. She is also the founder of Cuddle Sanctuary which was featured on BuzzFeed last year and received over seven million views. Jean graduated cum laude with a BA in communications from UCLA. You can learn more about Jean at SexualEsteemWithJean.com.
About the venue:
• Many of you are already familiar with the AIB's Bi Loft from amBi's Halloween and Holiday parties.
• 600 S. Spring St. is also called the SB Tower.
• The atrium has a mural with lions on it.
• You may need to sign in to be admitted to the 5th floor. Bring ID.
• Take the elevator to the 5th floor. Head right out the elevator lobby. Look for unit 503 and you’ve found us!
• This is a nonsmoking venue ( – even on the terrace)
• This is also a dog-friendly venue. (If you have allergies, take your meds!)
• Treat the space with respect. Clean up after yourself and help keep it nice – thank you!
We encourage ride sharing and public transportation if you can.
The closest Metro Red Line stop is Pershing Square. https://www.metro.net/riding/maps/red-line/
If you are coming on the Blue Line or the Expo Line, you can exit at 7th/Metro and walk from there. (Saves you a transfer just for 1 stop)
Plan your trip with public transportation here. https://www.metro.net/riding/
Lot and metered parking is available. Please pay close attention to all signs.