This is the second monthly Bi-Cyclists ride and the general plan is to go through Hillcrest and Balboa Park. The specific route is being planned. The meeting place will be by the Kate Sessions Statue, which is near the intersection of 6th Ave & Laurel. There is a Decobike* station closeby if you want to rent a bike from this local bikeshare.
We will come by 7th Avenue Pub, which is attached to Whole Foods in Hillcrest, for lunch and hanging out. You can sample good beers and grub offered by the pub or find something that suits your fancy in Whole Foods. Things needed for this Meetup:
- Bike (your own, a friend's, or rented)
- Helmet (optional)
- Bike lock
- Comfortable clothes for weather and riding.
We will meet at the Kate Sessions Statue in Balboa Park at 10:30am and head out on our route after 10:45am. The Statue is close to the intersection of 6th Ave & El Prado on the west end of Balboa Park.If you drive your bike over, there is parking on Balboa Drive, which runs parallel to 6th Ave. I will be wearing an AmBi t-shirt.
This is a group ride and we'll maintain a speed that's good for all bi-cyclists.
25 July 2015 Route: To Be Announced
• Decobikes in San Diego can be found at http://www.decobike.com/sandiego/
• Wheel Fun Rentals in Balboa Park: http://www.wheelfunrentals.com/Locations/San-Diego-2
• San Diego Bike Shop in Downtown San Diego: http://www.sdbikeshop.com/SDBikeShop/rentals-2/
[• Bike Revolution in Downtown San Diego: http://thebikerevolution.com/ ]
: Bike Revolution in Downtown San Diego: http://thebikerevolution.com/
*This does not represent an endorsement of any establishment.